Project Location :Bratislava
Client : Slovenkia Plynarensky Priemysel (SPP)
As part of the World Bank funded Slovakia Gas Infrastructure Development Preparation Study, the project was initiated to determine the feasibility of implementing an NGV program in Slovakia and specifically recommend on a feasibility of World Bank funding for a transit bus demonstration project in Bratislava.
Actual Services Provided:
The scope of the work included:
- A review of existing NGV facilities and regulations governing NGV in Slovakia in order to establish the level of technology, commitment, understanding, finances, governmental policies, programs and capacity to establish a NGV system
- A description of vehicle conversion technologies, refueling programs, and recommendations for improvements and implementation procedures for each of these areas
- An assessment of environmental aspects of converting vehicles from crude oil based transportation fuels to natural gas
- A review of present pricing of natural gas and a price prediction for the future in order to establish the basic inputs to the financial model of NGV economics
- A preparation of an economic analysis including economics from macro economic, refueling station owner’s and vehicle owner’s point of view for private cars, taxis, light truck fleets, heavy truck fleets, transit bus conversion fleets and dedicated engine transit bus fleets.