Project Location :Medellin
Client : Empresas Publicas de Medellin
The Project consisted of market survey analysis, network analysis, engineering design and SCADA system and emergency system design for a natural gas system for the city of Medellin with 2 million inhabitants. The system consists of 104 km of 19 bar medium pressure transmission up to 508 mm diameter, 32 district regulation stations from 19 to 4 bars and 4,220 km of medium density polyethylene networks operating at 4 bars. The potential customer base is 600,000 with total forecast demand of about 2.5 million cubic meters per day.
The design criteria in terms of codes, operating pressures and design procedures reflect Canadian and international standards. The entire gas network is provided with an advanced SCADA system. Regular stations are designed with advances automatic emergency systems.
Actual Services Provided:
- Design and install natural gas distribution facilities in the Aburra Valley, Medellin, Colombia.
- Market Study and planning study preparation
- Basic engineering and specifications development including design criteria
- Detailed engineering design, procurement system integration, construction and installation supervision, commissioning and training
- Project quality assurance